Center for Media Innovation Research + UF !


                At the Center for Media Innovation Research, journalism students have no boundaries with the amount of opportunities provided. It is an outlet that helps students learn new ways of storytelling through video, podcasts, mashups and social media. There are several digital labs that serve as a nucleus for innovation and collaboration. With state-of-the-art equipment and experienced professors, students are exposed to hands-on instruction. Advances in technology is allowing for a wider array of platforms for media reporting, and for this reason the Center for Media Innovation + Research is the ideal hub for those with the ambition to grow

UF Journalism Facilities: Listing 

Anchoring WUFT's First at Five newscast 


               The College of Journalism and Communications at the University of Florida has become my second home these past four years. As a senior, I am able to reflect, and look back at my academic and personal growth. The professors in the program have gone far and beyond to deliver the best writing, editing and filming training.  I remember being a freshman and the excitement I felt before plunging into the world of broadcast. With certainty, I am proud to say UF has surpassed my expectations. My professors have taught me the importance of reporting on various distinct platforms, meanwhile keeping in mind who our audience is.  


Florida's 89.1 WUFT-FM Radio 

            Journalism allows me to learn about the people and the world around me. I first started out as a radio reporter for WUFT-FM. Learning to write for the ear is extremely important because it forces you to be descriptive and paint a picture for your audience. The way the classes are set up at UF for students in the news track is ideal. First you must master radio reporting and only after are you allowed to begin television classes. This process is truly vital and it sets you up for success. I fell in love with radio reporting so I took the initiative to co-host and produce a radio reading service called "News Print Today" for about 800 visually impaired persons. It is truly a blessing to bring information and entertainment to my community. 

WUFT Behind The Scenes Production Site 


              Once I mastered radio, I went on to be a television reporter for WUFT News. It has been the most rewarding experience to meet my fellow neighbors and report on events going on in the community. This is also the first time I learned how to use professional cameras and edit on software like Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Audition and ENPS news production system. Familiarizing myself with these programs has allowed me to be more tech-savvy and deliver my news pieces on deadline. I truly feel blessed to have been on this journey, and I am excited for the new opportunities lying ahead. As always, Go Gators!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Biography

Learn about my colleagues part 2!

GNV Students Increase Test Scores Thanks to Tennis Mentor Program